Hello

Welcome to the Gangbusters page, a compendium of comedy stimuli from Giles Brody.
All are welcome. ALL ARE WELCOME!



Thursday, April 22, 2010

BAWDY-O COMMENTARIES part 4: Five 00 (Hundred) Days of Summer


Thirty four minutes. According to the writing at the bottom of the screen Summer is humming the theme to "Night Rider" down the phone. Colour me intriuged once more because this "Night Rider" sounds like a riot. The muisc is entrancing, but what of the meaning of the name. Perhaps this is another DVDRommed entertainment I could avail of at another time. Back to the film, and Tom finds Summers humming to be as enchanting as the last sunset before death comes under the cloak of night to return you to the eternal forest of darkness. Perhaps he and Summer will become married, she'll become pregnant and then die in childbirth (which she statistically has a one in one chance of doing, if she's lucky). Then it'll be a downward spiral of despair for Tom until he does the right thing and sensibly takes his own life.


Thirty five minutes. Summer and Tom have come into possession of a filmed nudie bash. I think it is unhealthy for young couples to spy on other disrobed couples with a view to finding satisfaction. Such an activity can only be properly enjoyed on one's own. The closest to a "threeway" this old codger hopes to become involved in would includes a tumbler of brandy and a "saucy" pen as participants.


Thirty six minutes. Not only does young Tom have two favourite architects, he also has a favourite spot. Its in a park on a bench. Summer has asked him "How come?"


Thirty seven minutes. I wish she hadn't.


Thirty eight minutes. Summer has requested that Tom should write on her arm with a biro. It is perhaps possible that young people are inoculated against ink poison through some manner of "jab" or "shot", but back in my boarding school Keating Minor had to have his arm removed after receiving the autograph of his younger brother, Keating Minimus, on the aforementioned limb.


Thirty nine minutes. The narrator informs us that is Day 109 of their relationship. Tom and Summer have an insightful chat about how neither of them wants their teeth to fall out, nor do they wish to grow old. Penetrating writing like this makes me feel like I've known Tom and Summer for all of my life, and not just for what feels like all of my life.


Forty minutes. Just as I'm about to lose all interest, I'm won back by some rather spiffing homophobia. Turns out my bean detector wasn't on the old frazzle dazzle at all when it is revealed that Summer is no stranger to the lady crater of other ladies. I shall go to bed immediately and when I wake up hopefully I will have forgotten that Tom isn't not a woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment