Hello

Welcome to the Gangbusters page, a compendium of comedy stimuli from Giles Brody.
All are welcome. ALL ARE WELCOME!



Wednesday, June 29, 2011

There Will Be Mitching




This was made in 2009 with the Transition Year students of the Presentation College, Athenry. Of the three classes I worked with, they were by far the most challenging i.e. 95% of them were dicks, although in their defence they were 16 and in a big group.

Special thanks to the 5% who were a lot of fun to work with and to the Galway Film Centre for the gig. Huge thanks to Eddie Connolly who helped me out hugely by playing Garda Eddie once more. He is far too modest and nice then anyone who is as funny as he is has a right to be. He could have really lorded that fact over me but he comes from a nice family.

Thanks to my mother Madely and my buddy Eoghan Quinn, who both took time out of shaping young minds to watch me hold a camera and scream unintelligibly at a group of moody teenagers.

This won an award. I didn't go to the screening and presentation of said award for fear that the kids would lynch me. I would like to dedicate this film to the lookalike I sent in my place who was tragically separated from his head at the 2009 Fresh Film Festival.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment